To become a Mason in Missouri, you must be a man at least 18 years old, live in Missouri, and have a belief in a Supreme Being (No particular religion is required or excluded. ALL ARE WELCOME!)
You should be someone who does, or wants to learn to, enjoy the company of other men from all different social classes, faiths, backgrounds, races, countries, etc. Masonry is universal in its ideals.
If you are a family man, Masonry considers that your family obligations come FIRST, so you must be sure that:
- you have the time to participate
(usually two or three evenings/month at first for meetings and instruction, and then at least one evening per month for meetings from then on)
- you can afford the initiation fees and the annual dues without hardship to yourself or your family.
You should be coming to Masonry “of your own free will and accord“, to learn to improve yourself and to enjoy the company of other good people, not because someone keeps pestering you to join or because you think it will help you “get ahead” in business.
To join, all you have to do is ask a Mason:
- Preferably someone you know or at least who lives or works nearby, or…
- You can probably find nearby lodges listed in your phonebook. (White-pages listings for lodges may be under “Masons”, “Freemasons”, “Masonic Apartments”, or “Masonic Temple”, and the Grand Lodge would probably be under “Grand Lodge of Masons”), or…
- Contact the Missouri Grand Lodge and ask to speak to someone in the office of the Grand Secretary.
- Contact anyone from the lodges listed on this website, including the webmaster… any of us would be more than willing to help you out!